Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Sub-7

From: nine () 14X NET (nine)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:33:21 -0400

It's not that it 'broadcasts' to an IRC channel, people have IRC bots in
large channels that scan your IP for the existence of Sub7, BO, etc. It
then says [Sub7 Detected on 0.0.0.0] (example). People sit in these
channels waiting for new IP address to screw around with.

However I have never looked at Sub7, it it does broadcast the IP to an IRC
channel, please let me know.

Erik Tayler
14x Network Security
http://www.14x.net