funsec mailing list archives

Re: Was the ClimateGate Hacker Justified? Join the Debate!

From: Martin Tomasek <tomasek () ufe cz>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 15:33:37 +0100

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=359423

Graph at the end of page reminded me of this report from
surfacestations.org:
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/surfacestationsreport_spring09.pdf

Of course, it's exactly these sort of corrections to the data that have the
climate-change deniers jumping up and down yelling 'ZOMG! Cooked Data!', and
why many of the scientists advocated not releasing the raw uncorrected data.

If I'm calculating it properly, it means that NOAA increased corrections
through 20th century, so they got to +0.25C correction of raw data in
2000. As far as I remember, they calculated linear trend of about 0.6C,
so it seems like this scientists are causing about half of global
temperature rise.. ;-)

--
Martin Tomasek