funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] U.S. 'State Secrets' Case May Get Airing

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 21:55:47 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 10/8/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
I pay attention to human rights violations whenever, and wherever,
I see them being egregiously occurring.

And I bet your paying attention to them has saved countless lives.

Humans are humans.

Some humans are more equal than others, or we wouldn't be having this
conversation. Some are able to defend themselves and choose not to -
I'm going to cry less for them. Some are my fellow countryment, I'll
cry more for them. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with
expecting your government to help you out wherever you might find
yourself.

When draw arbitrary lines separating atrocities along any other
lines, then you are buying into the politics of the purveyors of
the atrocities themselves.

Prioritizing does not make one a monster.

Be for real, and stop being disingenuous in your efforts to
continuing to propagate the same old damaging mentality.

Realism does indeed suck - but eventually you must grow up.

Thinking like yours is responsible for the resulting hatred
the rest of the world feels the U.S Government.

The American people need to desperately change that.

We don't have to be loved, only respected, and we get that in spades
from every thinking regime in the world.

   ... for some definitions of "thinking" ...