Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: hushmail.com, is this true? (Libraries, The Patriot Act, Forcoing Issues Etc.) (RAL for some)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:38:04 -0500

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:31:22 PST, Steve Kudlak said:

The question I would like is what level of  "paranoia" should we be at?
Right now most people still believe enough in the US in the Bill or
Rights in the US and other protections elsewhere that no one is getting
really bent out of shape and invokes any special protections to avoid
danger? The question is should they do so? And if so is there a  "Plug
and Play"   PGP or something equaslly as good.  Right now  people seem
to want ease of use a lot and ignore much of the protection already
available to them.

Most people are sheep.

That's it, plain and simple.  It's why things like the Patriot Act are allowed
to happen, and why up to 80% of all computers are infected with malware.

Yes, they *should* get bent out of shape and all the rest.  No, they won't.

(And yes, it's on-topic - any site security policy that doesn't recognize that
people are sheep and work within those constraints is doomed to fail...)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html