Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: "firewalls are obsolete" rant

From: "Luke Butcher" <Luke.Butcher () alphawest com au>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:52:24 +1100

Bit OT, but answer's Jim's question.

http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/ is a web based IRC client, so you could
put a web page up on a box you trust with port 6667 access and I believe
you can also limit it to connecting to one server and channel. Also it
doesn't implement DCC so it'll save that, but DCC must run over a
separate port anyway so if you only open 6667 you're safe.

Hope it helps.

Luke Butcher
Network/Security Consultant
www.alphawest.com.au