Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Leader in firewall product

From: jseymour () LinxNet com (Jim Seymour)
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 11:06:06 -0400 (EDT)

=?iso-8859-2?Q?Magos=E1nyi_=C1rp=E1d?= <mag () bunuel tii matav hu> wrote:

A levelezõm azt hiszi, hogy LULLIER Thomas a következõeket írta:
I'm looking for 5 to 7 firewall products to evaluate.
I know Firewall 1 and Raptor. I've heard about the Matra solution.
Can anybody give me a list of roughly 5 other firewalls that have a serious
support and that can be sold outside the US ?

In decreasing order of secureness:

-Dragonfly
-Zorp
-Cyberguard
-Borderware
-Gauntlet

Eh?  Gauntlet is less secure than everything mentioned so far?

Would you be so kind as to explain exactly why you feel this to be the
case?  IIRC: once-upon-a-time, Gauntlet was regarded by many as being
the *most* robust of firewall products, security-wise.  (I'm talking
about 'nix versions.  I care not a whit for or about NT.)

Regards,
Jim
--
Jim Seymour                  | PGP Public Key available at:
jseymour () LinxNet com         | http://www.cam.ac.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html