Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Leader in firewall product

From: Rick Murphy <rmurphy () mitre org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:11:20 -0400

At 05:07 PM 9/18/2000 -0400, John Alsop wrote:
2.  There is no connection whatsoever between BorderWare and Gauntlet.
I'm not sure who Rick is referring to in his comment "The company that
built Borderware was once a Gauntlet reseller" but the statement is not
correct. The BorderWare Firewall was originally developed by Border
Network Technologies Inc. (of which I was the founding President), was
acquired by Secure Computing Corporation, and since 1998 has been a
product of BorderWare Technologies Inc. None of these companies to my
knowledge was ever a Gauntlet reseller.

My apologies to John and BorderWare - obviously, the person who told me this was misinformed.
        -Rick