Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall/VPN recommendation for (Ex-) Gauntlet reseller

From: "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen () punkt de>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:28:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Wizards!

Recently I wrote

I'm seeking a little advice on commercial firewall products
with integrated VPN function.

We have a strong background with TIS/NAI Gauntlet firewalls.
I really like the one proxy per service approach - from a
security viewpoint as well as in terms of configuration.
We have a couple of customers with Gauntlet on Solaris.

I'm looking for a new "strategic" product for a couple of reasons:

and received a bunch of helpful comments, thanks.

Now I just stumbled on the following:

        http://www.opensourcefirewall.com/

Has anyone on this list any experience with this product?
We will evaluate it in any case, but I'd like to hear from others, too.

The feature list reads like Gauntlet/FWTK to me, only more up to date
with current Internet applications. _And_ open source! Makes me
wonder if it does the dishes, too ;-)

TIA,
Patrick
--
--- WEB ISS GmbH - Scheffelstr. 17a - 76135 Karlsruhe - 0721/9109-0 ---
------ Patrick M. Hausen - Technical Director - hausen () punkt de -------