Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Economical Firewall and VPN Product

From: Vijay <vijayakumar_p () excite com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:24:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Friends,

I am Planning to Install a Firewall to Protect my Network and I need to
provide VPN Access for 5 Roaming Users.

My Environment is

I have Around 60 Computers in my network inclusive of 5 Servers.
I am planning to install a Mail Server(MS Exchange 5.5).
Only 10 Users in the Network are allowed to Browse Internet.
Only 25 users will be Sending and Receiving Mail.
Only 5 Users will be connecting to my network through VPN. These 5 Users
will be roaming and they may use Laptop or Desktop.
My Network is connected to My Local ISP through 64 KBPS Frame-Relay Circuit.

I do not have any WEB servers in my network.
I do not keep any valuable data in my systems which is connected to
Internet.
I have segmented the computers connected to internet and others.
So i am looking for a Economical Firewall and VPN Product which will suit my
requirement.

I DO NOT want to spend Huge Money,
(Since there is no much valuable data, there is no Meaning in Spending)
but at the same time i am looking for an average Firewall & VPN Product
(Cost wise) which will meet most of the day to day security issues and
Future Expansions.

Please Suggest me a Suitable and Economical Firewall and  VPN Product.

I am looking for a firewall with Economical Price. (Either Hardware or
Software)

Regards
VIJAY

P.S - I Apology, if this mail is not suppose to reach you.