Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall/VPN recommendation for (Ex-) Gauntlet reseller

From: Jeffery.Gieser () minnesotamutual com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:52:57 -0500

Patrick,

#We have a strong background with TIS/NAI Gauntlet firewalls.
#I really like the one proxy per service approach - from a
#security viewpoint as well as in terms of configuration.
#We have a couple of customers with Gauntlet on Solaris.

Don't forget there are other application layer firewalls out there.  I
think that the Sidewinder from Secure Computing (www.securecomputing.com)
would meet your requirements.  The new Sidewinder V5 is pretty sweet.  They
have always had excellent security and now they have improved the GUI a
good bit as well.  Or, you could look at the Cyberguard
(www.cyberguard.com), Raptor (www.axent.com, or Borderware
(www.borderware.com).  I don't know anything about F-Secure but if they are
IPSec compliant then any firewall that is also IPSec compliant should work.

Regards,
Jeffery Gieser