Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW-1 throughput question

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:54:31 +1000 (EST)

In some email I received from Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy, sie wrote:
On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 11:38:35PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:

Hmmm.  What makes you believe it is single threaded ?

According to what I know, the kernel module does not take advantage of
multiple processors.

This is for FW-1 then ?  If so, then that's another reason to can FW-1
and use IP Filter instead :-)

I don't know if that means it's single threaded or
not, but take it for what it's worth. The Security Server processes *do*
take advantage of multiple processors (have since 4.0).

Err, what are you talking here - NT or Solaris ?

Darren