Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW-1 throughput question

From: "Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy" <dwelch () phoneboy com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:57:31 -0700

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 11:38:35PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:

Hmmm.  What makes you believe it is single threaded ?

According to what I know, the kernel module does not take advantage of
multiple processors. I don't know if that means it's single threaded or
not, but take it for what it's worth. The Security Server processes *do*
take advantage of multiple processors (have since 4.0).

--
Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy                            a.k.a. PhoneBoy
dwelch () phoneboy com                          http://www.phoneboy.com