Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Web Stuff

From: "George Jones" <gjones () lab fcnbd com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:18:11 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 01:59:41 EDT
From: CRZYJSTR () aol com
To: firewall-wizards () nfr net
Subject: Web Stuff

Hey I was wondering what vulnerabilities there would be on a web server
running on SunOS 5.6. My friend is running a server, and he was just curious
how a hacker just might need to do to hack the webpage... can you please
explain how one actually gains access and changes stuff so he can learn
different methods to stop them?

I suggest you and your friend have a look at

        http://www.cert.org/security-improvement/

for a general list of things to do and

        http://www.cert.org/security-improvement/implementations/i012.01.html

for specific list of suggestions for configuring Solaris as a web server.

George Jones, IT Architect, BankOne Information Security
Voice: +1 614 213 6191, Fax: +1 614 213 1413,
email: gjones () lab fcnbd com

This message is not Y2K compliant.