Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Web Stuff

From: "S. Jonah Pressman" <jonah () istar ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 17:14:41 -0400

<reword>
        I wanna hack into a site that's running on a Sun box.
        I only have experience with NT IIS4.0 exploits - please teach me!
</reword>
<chuckle></chuckle>

A lot would depend on configuration, aptitude of the system
administrator, and even type of httpd product.

CRZYJSTR () aol com wrote:

Hey I was wondering what vulnerabilities there would be on a web server
running on SunOS 5.6. My friend is running a server, and he was just curious
how a hacker just might need to do to hack the webpage... can you please
explain how one actually gains access and changes stuff so he can learn
different methods to stop them?

--
       / /___  ____  ____ _/ /_      S. Jonah Pressman

---------------- Home is where you hang your @ ---------------