Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ICA

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:11:49 -0400

At 03:13 PM 8/26/99 -0600, Stan Anderson wrote:
I have an IBM eNetwork firewall V3.3.  I am trying to open up ICA(Citrix
Encryption).  I have opened TCP port 1494 and udp 1604, but I can't get
connected through the firewall.  I can connect over my LAN, so I know the
Citrix server, and Client are setup.  Is there anything I am missing, or can
someone offer me any advise.

I don 't know anything about IBM eNetwork firewall, but for ICA, how are
you trying to connect?  Sometimes, you have to tell the Citrix server to
"fake" it's ip adresse (I don't remember the command line specifically, but
it is exactly for that particular problem, you have to tell the ica browser
to mimic the adress of the firewall).

I am able to connect to my Metaframe inside my firewall from my home ip
adress without any problem using linux ip masq + redir on tcp port 1494.

btw, if you are connecting directly to the desktop of one server, you don't
need to open udp 1604 since it's only used for the netwrok browser.

hope it helps!
Bye!