Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: port in use error....but it is not....

From: "LeGrow, Matt" <Matt_LeGrow () NAI com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 07:54:49 -0700

Restricting the data port would be more useful if you are able to do
it in ranges. Otherwise, only one user would be able to use the proxy
at a time.  Is there is any particular reason you would want to limit
the ipfwadm machine's use of high ports for the data channel?

Matt LeGrow
Network Associates, Inc.
Note: Opinions expressed herein are most certainly NOT that of my