Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN Research

From: "Sweeny, Jonny" <jsweeny () IU EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:45:20 -0400

1) Still in the middle of a transition from IPsec to SSL
2) SSL is Juniper; IPsec is Cisco
3) 10,921 on IPsec, 3856 on SSL.
4) There are pros and cons for each method - though generally it seems that
most users prefer IPsec.

--
~Jonny Sweeny, GSEC, GCWN, GCIH, GWAS
Incident Response Manager, Lead Security Analyst