Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN Research

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () AUCKLAND AC NZ>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 11:12:19 +1200

On 25/05/2010, at 2:58 AM, Lynn Latimer wrote:

Colleagues,

I am conducting some research related to VPNs as part of our new project we are starting at the University of Georgia.

We have several specific questions which we are seeking input on.

1) What type of VPN are you using:  ipSEC VPN, SSN VPN, or other?   IPSEC, planning SSL
2) What brand of VPN is it?                                                                     Cisco
3) How many users do you have on the VPN?                                        Hundreds
4) What is the general satisfaction with the VPN product.                        Happy, good os support (windows,
mac, linux)  by and large just works

Any member of staff can use VPN with their standard credentials so we don't have a list of registered user.