Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN Research

From: Razi Ahmad <razi.ahmad () STERN NYU EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:32:54 -0400

1) What type of VPN are you using: ipSEC VPN, SSN VPN, or other? - SSL VPN
2) What brand of VPN is it? - JUNIPER SA4500
3) How many users do you have on the VPN? - Max = 250 concurrent users (licensed); Typical usage < 20 concurrent users
at any given time
4) What is the general satisfaction with the VPN product. - Pretty satisfied, although we're only using it to allow
users to connect to their network drives from off campus. Also, we do run into issues with Mac users from time to time
when Apple updates their proprietary JRE.

--
Razi Ahmad
Network Infrastructure and Security Team Lead