Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Quick Survey - Does everyone do SOME form of "web filtering"??

From: Anthony Maszeroski <maszeroskia3 () SCRANTON EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:58:32 -0400

We're pretty much the same here. We filter SPAM, filter malware using
various common techniques, and rate limit p2p. Other than that, there is
no content-based / "nanny" filtering. I haven't yet received any
complaints related to our block lists, so there isn't any established
bypass process, but users know to contact our Technology Support Center
with such issues should they arise.