Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Quick Survey - Does everyone do SOME form of "web filtering"??

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:25:49 -0400

On 5/7/10 11:00 PM, SCHALIP, MICHAEL wrote:
*My question:  Does everyone do some sort of web filtering?  If you *do*
filter your web access - how long have you done so?  And do you have a
"bypass" process?*

As many others, we filter malware and rate-limit P2P, we do not filter
web content.

--
Best regards
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.oberlin.edu/cit/

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." --
Benjamin Franklin.