Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Please do not change your password

From: Allison Dolan <adolan () MIT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:49:32 -0400

RE: the auditors - If you are talking about internal auditors, in
general, they do not make the rules - they check to make sure you are
following the rules.  So the question is, who made those rules? (and
I suspect the answer, in many cases, would come back to the IT dept....)

Allison F. Dolan
Program Director, Protecting Personally Identifiable Information
Massachusetts Institute of Technology