Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA Preservation Letter

From: Kathy Bergsma <kbergsma () UFL EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:33:50 -0400

I think e-Discovery only applies if you're party to lawsuit, therefore it should
not apply to the preservation notices.

Howell, Paul wrote:
WRT log retention practices, how does the impending litigation the RIAA
notice suggests jive with the E-discovery rules?  I know this is a legal
question and not a technical one.  When I asked our attorneys, I was
told that E-discovery probably applies.

Do your attorneys say something different?

Paul Howell, CISSP
Chief Information Technology Security Officer
The University of Michigan
Contact information is at: http://tinyurl.com/477bc