Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:25:56 -0400

Hi,

We treat the preservation notice as just that - we build a ticket and preserve the notice and any log information we
would need to identify the individual.  We
do not notify.

When the early settlement notice comes in, we pass that along to the individual and request that they remove the
material.  We had our GC write to the RIAA and
tell them that this was being done because it violated our policy to have this material on our network.

Thanks,
Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel