Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Products

From: Chris Fontaine <chris.fontaine () HUMBER CA>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:01:05 -0500

I aggree other than the support issue....when Juniper took over Netscreen the
support went south (and cost thereof) went WAY up.

Not to mention that the Netscreen 500's (yes plural) could not handle the
regular attack activity seen everyday.

We now use Fortinet 3600's in active / passive HA clustering and have been
overjoyed with the performance and functionality, not to mention
support.......(just our experience)

Chris

Chris Fontaine
Digital Information Protection & Security,

Humber College
Information & Technology Services
205 Humber College Blvd
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M9W 5L7
chris.fontaine () humber ca
(416) 675-6622 ext 4461

The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU> on Thursday, February 9, 2006 at 9:47 AM -0500