Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Hard Disk Encryption Software

From: Brian Baas <bbaas () CALVIN EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:23:00 -0500

 All,
We, at Calvin College, have just settled on using whole disk
encryption
by PGP. Our committee felt that having a centrally managed key was
important.  Deployment is just beginning and I do not have experience
beyond setting up the keyserver... So far So good.

Brian J. Baas, CISSP
Director of Information Security
http://www.calvin.edu/~bbaas/
Standard Disclaimer - http://www.calvin.edu/~bbaas/Disclaimer.html

MHanson () CSS EDU Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:14:03 PM >>>
Hello

We are exploring using either full hard disk encryption or folder
level
encryption for our mobile devices. I am curious what products others
are
using and your experiences with the product.

We would like to make this added level of security more or less
painless for the end users if possible.

Thanks for your input.

Mike Hanson
The College of St. Scholastica