Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Hard Disk Encryption Software

From: Neil_Sachnoff <Neil_Sachnoff () MIDDLESEXCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:54:23 -0500

We are also doing this type of research and have found that if you:

*      Use file re-direction (store your data both on a SAN and your
notebook);

*      Cache your Outlook data on your notebook, and;

*      Use a PDA on your system.

That there are no simple encryption products that are transparent to the
end user. But we are still trying to find the perfect product.

Neil S. Sachnoff, Executive Director, Information Technology
Middlesex County College
2600 Woodbridge Avenue, JLC Rm. 209
Edison, NJ 08818-3050
V-732.906.2601/Fax 732.548.6814