Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Incident Response Plans - Quick informal survey

From: William Custer <custerwl () MUOHIO EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:22:08 -0500

Adam,

Miami University (Oxford, Ohio) had a one year project to implement
Critical Incident Response.  We went live in November.  We have used the
process and it was effective.

At 03:13 PM 1/18/2006, you wrote:
Hello all,
I am working on a paper and am trying to get a sense of how many schools
have adopted incident response plans.  If anyone knows of any previous
studies, I'd be interested in the findings.

I am also curious how others are doing with IRP's.  Have they been
adopted? Have they been implemented? Are they effective?

Basically, any responses on experiences and challenges with IRP's, whether
to the list or offline, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Goldstein CCNP CISSP