Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email for Life?

From: "Holland, Wes" <wholland () LAW UCLA EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:31:55 -0800

We currently provide in-house e-mail services to approx 15,000+ alumni.
Since we are not a unix/linux shop and a per-mailbox licensing system
would be a bit cost prohibitive we decided to use IPSwitch's I-Mail
solution.  It integrates very well with our directory which makes
account management virtually seamless.  We may explore other solutions
for the future such as a mail forwarding system so that alums can still
get our school domain in their e-mail, but the mail would be re-directed
to an e-mail account of their choice.

Wes Holland
Director of IT Systems
UCLA School of Law