Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SSL Certificate Comparisons

From: Larry Jennings <ljenning () UTK EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:27:58 -0400

Kerry,
We have used both InstantSSL and Thawte for our central systems.  Don't
really have any complaints about either but InstantSSL is cheaper.  I
think a few departments on our campus have used ipsCA.

Hope this helps.

Larry

Larry Jennings
IT Manager, NT & Unix Systems Group
The University of Tennessee
Phone:  865-974-6555
Email:  ljenning () utk edu

"Fretz, Kerry" <fretzk () PHILAU EDU>
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
04/07/2005 03:55 PM
Please respond to
The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>

SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
cc

Subject
[SECURITY] SSL Certificate Comparisons

Hello,

We have always used Verisign certificates on our web servers but we are
getting extremely frustrated with their pricing and billing issues.  We?ve
been shopping around for other SSL certificate providers.

Does anyone have any feedback on your experience with other SSL providers?

Kerry Fretz
Manager, Network & Systems
Philadelphia University