Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SSL Certificate Comparisons

From: Manuel Amaral <Manuel.Amaral () OLIN EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:30:55 -0400

We also use Verisign and have been concerned about costs.  There was a
discussion not long ago on another list that identified several other
SSL providers.  One of them, ipsCA, provides two year certs to .edu's
for free.  I've acquired three of them in the last week and have no
complaints about them at the moment.

http://certs.ipsca.com

Manny

Manuel (Manny) Amaral
Associate Director of Information Technology
Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering