Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SSL Certificate Comparisons

From: GREGORY SEIBERT <gregs () KENT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:30:16 -0400

I'm going to also jump on the band wagon from the top and say we
experimented at first with Geotrust and have now happily converted all of
our cert needs for outward-facing servers to their service. Good service -
easy to use - nice management tool for all of your institutional certs -
good deal.

      Greg

Gregory A. Seibert, CISM
Director of Security and Compliance
Suite 384 Library
Kent State University
www.security.kent.edu
330-672-0383 (Voice)
330-672-9374 (FAX)

                      "Jeffrey I. Schiller"
                      <jis () MIT EDU>                To:       SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
                      Sent by: The EDUCAUSE        cc:
                      Security Discussion          Subject:  Re: [SECURITY] SSL Certificate Comparisons
                      Group Listserv
                      <SECURITY () LISTSERV ED
                      UCAUSE.EDU>

                      04/07/2005 05:17 PM
                      Please respond to The
                      EDUCAUSE Security
                      Discussion Group
                      Listserv

I'll also vouch for Geotrust (and Tom Henault). We use them for some of
our public facing servers (we use our own for our internal servers). The
whole process is done on-line with immediate certificate issuance.
Billing can be done to a credit card.

                        -Jeff