Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Looking for information regarding the use of Skype in an Enterprise network

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:14:34 -0700

The question of Skype seems to come up every few months here. Here's my typical response:
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/105/487937

Here is a search link for more thread action:
http://search.securityfocus.com/swsearch?query=skype&sbm=archive%2F105%2F&submit=Search%21&metaname=alldoc&sort=swishrank

It is my general position that Skype is an excellent consumer product, but it is not an enterprise product and has zero
real indications that it ever will grow into an enterprise product.

However, if you've already lost battles over using other public IM systems (as opposed to a closed network enterprise
IM), then you probably have already lost the battle against Skype.