Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a Trojan

From: Shreyas Zare <shreyas () technitium com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:24:08 +0530

Hi,

Quite true, I am myself working on an anti-malware solution which
combines heuristic based approach with signature based. But heuristic
or behavior based approach can be bypassed which makes implementing
them difficult. Generally new malware with slight change in previous
one can go undetected by major AV. There is a feeling thus that AV is
of no use to guard against new threats that emerge everyday.

Regards,