Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a Trojan

From: Shreyas Zare <shreyas () technitium com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:20:37 +0530

Hi,

AV software can only detect the virus/trojan it has definition for. So
the argument that old trojan can be detected by updated AV can be said
true with an assumption that since the trojan is old its would have
been sampled by AV companies and most of AV software have it in the
defination database. So, if u get a new trojan which is just days old
then many AV (or even none) would detect it.

Regards,