Security Basics mailing list archives

FW: Security Simplification

From: "Barbara Filkins" <filkins () impulse net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:46:18 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Filkins [mailto:filkins () impulse net]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 1:46 PM
To: 'Stan'
Subject: RE: Security Simplification

I guess my reply to the VP is that it should not be a matter of simplifying
security but making it easier to practice.  In other words, look at the
training issues and the human usability issues involved with security.  Is
it password management problems?  Backing up systems?  Doing the things that
are needed that are too time consuming and that people see as a policy
without much purpose (unless something happens to them.)