Security Basics mailing list archives

Creating a checklist for SQL Server 2000

From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:20:40 +0530

Hi all,

I have been asked to get a checklist for SQL server 2000. I have found
material at the following locations;
http://www.nsa.gov/snac/db/mssql_2k.pdf
http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/application/1273.php?portal=3323855d672e12e0e1e53f32fb3f15af

I find that SQL server security is highly integrated with the
operating system so a separate SQL server 2000 only checklist is
almost meaningless. Am I on the right track? The problem is that the
client wants to see a "checklist" and consequently so does my boss.
So, are there any checklists out there or do I have to carry out some
kind of rephrasing exercise on material from the above links?

Pranav