Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: General question

From: "steve dake" <steve.dake () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:23:35 -0600

yep. Allot of people make more money then me too- allot of people
don't. I couldn't care less. ;)

My humble advice: Basing your self worth on what someone else gets
paid or on the amount of recognition that someone else gets is not the
best metric. Do what you love to do, and get the most you can from it.

If you want more (money, recognition, respect, ??), go get more. Its
out there. Just make sure you factor in the total cost of the jump.

And the following is some great advice in my opinion [from cwright]:

"Remember - you have to speak their language, they will not learn
yours. The language of management and business is not that of the
techie."

Again..that's just my opinion,

steve

PS. all that said - unless these are the highest paid network admins
on the planet, my guess is that some visits to dice.com may make good
use of your free time... :)