Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: I've passed the CISSP exam, few months back...Now what???

From: david.cahill () mail ebs ie
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:51:41 +0100

I am currently studying for the CISSP myself (Its only run once a year in
Ireland so I've had plenty of time to think about it!).

I have read a number of texts, including Vallabhaneni (CISSP Volumes 1 & 2)
and Peltier & Howard (Total CISSP Exam Prep Book).  The Vallabhaneni books
are particularly detailed and are probably a good source to start from.
The Exam Prep book provides more of a high level look at the CBKs and the
sample exams are good practice for the real thing (or so I'm lead to
believe!).

As for online resources, look no further than http://www.cccure.org/

It provides a huge number of freely downloadable review documents and also
has a very useful quiz section where you can spend hours testing your
knowledge of specific domains / subject areas.

Good luck,

David