Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: I've passed the CISSP exam, few months back...Now what???

From: "rami shami" <rami9009 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:44:03 -0400

Hi There

My Advice is to get Chon Harris’s book. It’s really all in one. This is all what you need. First I tried to use “Wiley-The CISSP Prep Guide” but I found it so condense and the way information is laid out is so dull (Harris has a very smooth style and if you think how much this course is full of theoretical info, so you really need an easy style to help you go through) so what I did is I downloaded the e-book version of “Wiley-The CISSP Prep Guide” and used it as a reference When it comes to CBTs (Learnkey, Nugget, or Even Chon Harris’s DVDs) I was disappointed. Thank god I didn’t buy them, I borrowed them. They are just sooooo general. They can give you a 5000 feet view of the subjects, differently not enough to go to the exam. Ok they are good if you don’t know a heck about the subject. But I wasted sometime going through them and I found myself as I started Practice questions…mmmm, I used everything, Bosson’s and I downloaded questions from here and there on the internet but to tell you the truth you can’t count on this a lot. I don’t want to brag buddy, but seriously I found the exam easy (ok it’s long and everything) but if you’re used to Cisco and Microsoft exams, this is a straight forward exam. Someone mentioned to me that it has one of the highest success percentage something like %90.
Invest sometime there, and you’ll pass
Good Luck