Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: I've passed the CISSP exam, few months back...Now what???

From: "Hayes, Ian" <Ian.Hayes () wynnlasvegas com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:29:15 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Louie [mailto:tech.louie () verizon net]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:49 PM
To: rami9009 () hotmail com; security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: I've passed the CISSP exam, few months back...Now what???

If you don't mind me asking, what books did you study or material. I'm
also trying to see if I could go for CISSP... Any kind of help would
be
great..

The All in One CISSP prep book from Shon Harris. Experience plays a lot
in getting ready for the exam, that's one reason why ISC2 requires a
minimum number of years experience in Infosec. You don't have to be an
expert in say cryptography or application security, but you should know
the basic concepts before you start studying. Harris' book did a good
job at explaining some of the other domains I had less experience in. I
actually wasted a week of studying after reading the cryptography
section because I went off on a tangent and started playing around with
different kinds of crypto systems.