Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Securing Printers

From: Peter Wan <peter.n.wan () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:42:00 -0500

I remember seeing a reference to a paper at Black Hat that addressed this topic,
but can't seem to find the information on the paper.  Here is another reference
that addresses risks of an accessible printer:

http://www.giac.org/practical/GSEC/Vernon_Vail_GSEC.pdf

It talks about the physical security worries, but then talks about how abuse of
insecure services provided by the printer (Web, FTP, etc.) can cause trouble.
        --Peter