Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Securing Printers

From: xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:19:45 +0000

Hi Bryce,

Well for one thing, if they could gain access the printer, then escalate
their privelge level on there(not difficult), then modify the IP address
of the printer to that of a critical network device. Do this with a few
more printers, and you may just be able to knock the network device off
of the network.

HTH

xyberpix