Security Basics mailing list archives

experience requirement (was: Re: Security+

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:02:31 -0500

For the first two, yes.  For CISSP you have to find another CISSP who is
willing to place his name next to yours on a recommendation and you have
to say that you have had it.  For the second, you have to get people
that knew you were in those positions to furnish documentation to that
effect (HR, a boss,...)  I don't know the third.

You can take the CISA examination any ol' time, but until you have the
experience you cannot be certified.  The CISSP almost equates passing
the exam (and a little bit more) with certifying.

Jim

Gedi wrote:

I have looked into taking the certs mentioned i.e.
CISSP, CISA, Security+ but all require proof of actual
experience in the industry.
Is this experience in industry mandatory?

--
James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
Booz | Allen | Hamilton