Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Sendmail virus scanner

From: dave <dave () rodrig com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:11:39 -0500

From: felix () eurasia qodiga com
Hello,
 I'm looking for a virus scanner to use under sendmail. Do you know >
if there are any script or daemon to do that?.

Can't help you there, I don't use sendmail.

Me neither ;-)

 I want to parse all mails looking for .exe, .vbs or some others file
 attachments to block it (not to block emails, just block the
 attachment).

You could easily do this with a Perl script.

You could check out Anomy Sanitizer:
http://mailtools.anomy.net/sanitizer.html

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Ok, so the servers are down, the lights are out, and all I have to work
with is a roll of duct tape, a ball point pen, a lighter, and a twenty year
old copy of emacs.  Where's the problem? "

Surf the Web without missing calls!?Get MSN Broadband.