Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Sendmail virus scanner

From: Gene LeDuc <Gene.LeDuc () mktdev tnsofres com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:35:05 -0400

I've had great success using mailscanner (www.mailscanner.info) with sophos
on my RH server.  Another pretty popular a/v product to use with mailscanner
is f-prot; it's significantly less expensive than most of the other
commercial a/v products for use on a mail server.  Mailscanner is also
pretty effective against spam.

Mailscanner is open source and free and under very active development;
sophos and f-prot are both commercial and not free.