Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Sendmail virus scanner

From: J.Reilink <digiover () dsinet org>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:42:10 +0200

----- Original message -----
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:03:58 -0300
felix () eurasia qodiga com wrote in message
<20021024180358.GA6130 () eurasia qodiga com>:

Hello,

  I'm looking for a virus scanner to use under sendmail. Do you know
  if there are any script or daemon to do that?.

  I want to parse all mails looking for .exe, .vbs or some others file
  attachments to block it (not to block emails, just block the
  attachment).

  Thank you for your help!

AMaViS <http://www.amavis.org/> can help you
Also, search vendorsites (McAfee, RAV, Symantec, ...) for support
documentation and (trial-)downloads.

My only experience is with RAV (qmail as MTA) and it runs quite good,
you can find a trial download on their FTP (see
http://www.ravantivirus.com/).

Regards, Jan

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign