Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Sendmail virus scanner

From: ATD <simon () snosoft com>
Date: 25 Oct 2002 18:49:35 -0400

Felix,
        You can block those extensions using procmail and a global procmailrc
file with ease. Do you really want to scan every attachment for virus
signatures (CPU Usage)?  mimedefang is a :Milter based anti-spam and
anti-virus filtering program that is in the ports directory for FreeBSD.
What flavor Unix are you runing?  I think macafee also has something...