Security Basics mailing list archives

Newbie: OpenBSD security

From: His Imperial Majesty Christopher Calderon <chrisc () forpresident com>
Date: 22 Oct 2002 18:59:12 -0000

     I am new to OpenBSD and other Unices. I have some Linux experience. I
can install the operating system, install software, delete software,
add/rm users, etc. How can I strengthen OpenBSD's good security even more?
I would like it as tight as possible. I will probably be the only user on
the system. I can see myself SSH'ing in and maybe running Apache. Is there
software out there that could allow SMS messages to my cell phone to let
me know my OpenBSD box at my house is OK and not compromised, or is my
crown on my head put on too tightly?

 Cheers,

H.I.M Christopher Calderon