Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Getting captured interface name inside plugin

From: Jan Mall <jan.mall () uni-ulm de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 02:41:34 +0200

The ultimate goal is an automotive dissector, which takes abstract network descriptions for automotive buses and dissects the messages on the bus accordingly. But as every bus has a different set of message definitions, I somehow need to find out on which bus (physical interface) I receive the traffic in order to perform dissection according to the message definitions for this bus. Of course the user could just change the network description in the plugins preferences every time he switches the interfaces, but I thought maybe there's a smoother solution.